Career Success!

A service of CRG Leadership Institute LLC

If you'd like to post a question ANONYMOUSLY to our Forum (i.e., without disclosing your
identity
) -- in any of our Ask and Share Forum Categories -- then please EMAIL your question directly to our Community Founder and Executive Director, Andy Robinson.

We certainly recognize that there may be occasional or rare situations where you would like to maintain your confidentiality when posting questions that others in you own organization may see.  

Please provide the following information in your email to our Executive Director when forwarding a question you want posted anonymously:
  1. A full description of your question (clarity is key -- providing as much context as possible is important)
  2. Please avoid giving names of individuals
  3. Provide any other information you think would be helpful
  4. Let us know which Ask and Share Forum Category you'd like to post your question in
We will post your question anonymously (without disclosing your name) to our Ask and Share Forum, and our Community will respond with answer(s) to your question as well as any relevant information, articles, etc. that might be helpful to you.

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the company is one that is considerate of contacting referrals. You put yourself on their radar and upcoming opportunities. They took the time to call and talk...says a lot about their culture. This is the pulse of networking...the early bird gets the worm. It appears they have had several recent hires so you may have to wait until a next hiring round and sounds like you are in the pipeline.
Howard, I definitely agree with your philosophy and strategy. Lots of jobs that ARE available are NEVER even posted on line (or anywhere else) -- those jobs get filled through networking efforts, referrals and pipeline management.

Target the companies you're interested in (need to have a decent-sized list); network into those companies with LinkedIn or through your existing contacts; present yourself in compelling way -- targeting your value proposition against their likely (or known) needs; show passion, enthusiasm and interest; and prepare, prepare, prepare for ALL interviews.

Best....
Hi Howard,

I guess I should have asked my question first before spouting off. LOL. You did a great thing reaching out to the company. In your case it was more of an informational interview to discover if there is a need. That's awesome! I totally agree with doing that and have done so in the past. You never know where it might lead.

Thanks for sharing.

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Today's Daily Quote

Lee Iacocca Quote on Listening

“Listening can make the difference between a mediocre organization and a great one.” ~Lee Iacocca

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Quote about Dreaming and Taking Action

“Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Howard Hughes Quote on the Concessions

“Once you consent to some concession, you can never cancel it and put things back the way they are.” ~Howard Hughes

Thanks for Visiting Us!

Your Host, 
Executive Coach
Andy Robinson
Email Andy

Learn MORE about me and my Executive Coaching work.

© 2017   Created by Andy Robinson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service